Tuesday 17 January 2012

Script third draft

Here's an update to our script we've changed the ending to add some extra humour.



Hall Monitor Screenplay



ALEX
Do you want to hear my story? Are you sure, it's not for the faint of heart, it's a story of immense excitement, courage, loyalty,
and the satire/parody clause to prevent us from potential lawsuits. This is me. I'm tough. (CLENCH FIST) Charming. (CLICKS FINGERS AND POINTS) And too poor to afford 3D (PUNCHES AT THE CAMERA WHICH THEN FALLS DOWN). And this is what I do.


CUTS TO ALEX, THE HALL MONITOR IS HOLDING A KID AGAINST THE LOCKER, TWO STUDENTS ARE WATCHING IN THE BACKGROUND AND ARE MOCKING ALEX AND THE KID.


ALEX
I saw you littering!
KID
No! I swear, you've made a mistake!
ALEX
I don't make mistakes.
KID
Oh God!

CUTS TO TOM WHO IS WALKING DOWN THE CORRIDOOR,HE STOPS AS HE SEES ALEX AND SIGHS WITH A LOOK OF DISSAPOINTMENT ON HIS FACE. CUTS BACK TO ALEX WHO DOESN'T REALISE THERE IS A TEACHER BEHIND HIM.


ALEX
You don't freaking litter in MY school! You get that punk!?
TEACHER
That is quite enough!


ALEX HAS A LOOK OF PANIC ON HIS FACE, CUT TO HIM SITTING AT THE DESK IN THE TEACHERS OFFICE.


TEACHER
Listen, Alex, I understand you're trying to make a difference.
ALEX
(HALL MONITOR VOICE) I AM (PAUSES THEN REVERTS TO NATURAL VOICE) making a difference! People aren't breaking the rules nearly as much now, you saw what happened to James, he may never taste again.
TEACHER
He's having his TONSILS OUT!
ALEX
(PAUSES THINKING ABOUT WHAT THE TEACHERS SAYING, BEFORE TRYING TO REBUTTAL, NOT LIKING HOW HIS POSITION IS BEING THREATENED) But if I don't make a difference, who will.
TEACHER
The staff.
ALEX
Who else will!? This school needs a hero, (HE STANDS UP AND BEGINS TO TURN TO FACE THE DOOR) someone to look up to, aspire to. Someone needs to clean up these halls, someone needs to be.. The Hall Monitor.
TEACHER
I really don't give a shit. Just stop assaulting the students, or I'll have to report you!

CUT ON ALEX'S REACTION. CUT TO A KID RUNNING DOWN THE HALL. ALEX LOOKS IN HORROR HE UNBUTTONS HIS SHIRT TO REVEAL THE HALL MONITOR LOGO, IN A PARODY OF SUPERMAN, BEFORE SPEED WALKING OUT OF THE DOOR, HE BEGINS TO FOLLOW THE RUNNING KID, SPEED WALKING.

ALEX
Stop! No running in the hall! (THE KID RUNS OFF, HE CHANGES TO THE HALL MONITOR VOICE) We got a fighter then huh?

HE FOLLOWS THE KID, SPEED WALKING OFF SCREEN REVEALING JESSIE, ALEX'S LOVE INTREST, SHE SIGHS DREAMILY AT HIM. CUT TO ALEX STILL CHASING AFTER THE RUNNING KID. HE STOPS TO PICK UP A PIECE OF LITTER, HE LOOKS DOWN AT IT.)

ALEX
It's still warm...

(AS THE RUNNING KID APPROACHES THE END OF THE CORRIDOR A BAG STICKS OUT, THE RUNNING KID FACEPLANTS INTO THE BAG AND FALLS TO THE FLOOR. TOM COMES INTO VIEW FROM ROUND THE CORNER WITH A BORED EXPRESSION ON HIS FACE.

ALEX
Well done rookie, quick thinking.
TOM
Yeah, whatever dude. I'm going to maths.

ALEX (NARRATION)
That's Tom, he's my partner, not in bed, in cleaning up the scum in this school, he's a challenge, he doesn't care much about the system, but he's good at what he does. I have many names, Alex, Master Duncan, Justice and several names which I can't tell you because we're pushing for the 12a rating.(BEHIND HIM, THERE IS A LARGE FIGURE APPROACHING) But that doesn't matter, because I know my duty, I'm here to clean up this school. I am the- 


THE LARGE FIGURE IS FULLY BEHIND HIM, ALEX TURNS AROUND AND TAKES NOTE OF THE GIANT BOY.


ALEX
Let me guess... big brother? (THE LARGE FIGURE NODS) Great... should have seen that coming.
 THE LARGE FIGURE PUNCHES HIM AND AS HE FALLS THE HALL MONITOR THEME PLAYS AND THE HALL MONITOR LOGO FADES ONTO SCREEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment